HOME MADE JAM WITHOUT PRESERVATIVE
Mango season is in full swing here. When it comes to mangoes, i love to eat it as it is even without cutting the mangoes. Yes just wash it and eat it full. So making recipes with mango is rare thing in my kitchen. To say it precise when i am saturated with eating mangoes i will make desserts with it. But this will never happen. I forcefully stop eating and make recipes for blog . One such recipe is Mango Jam, without any preservatives like pectin. This mango jam is a simple and easy recipe which you can try with simple 3 ingredients available at home in just 15 minutes. This mango jam turned out very well, and since i used the Alphonso Mango the color is dark. If use other variety colour will change.
INGREDIENTS: MAKES 1 CUP JAM
|MANGO (SMALL SIZE)||2|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TBLSP|
|LEMON ZEST||1/2 TSP|
- Wash and peel the skin of the mangoes and chop it finely.
- In a pan, add the finely chopped mangoes, sugar and lemon juice. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- This will help the mango to bring out its flavour nicely.
- No need to add water.
- Just switch on the flame and let it cook in a medium low flame. Stir it . Add lemon zest too.
- Be careful not to burn it.
- It will slowly get cooked and turn into a glossy texture.
- When it reaches a semi solid consistency switch off the flame.
- Allow this to cool completely.
- Store this in a clean dry bottle or container.
- always use clean spoon or knife to spread the jam.
- You can replace mangoes with strawberry too.
- I added 1/4 cup of sugar as the mangoes were too sweet. Adjust the sweetness according to the variety of mango you use.
- You can puree the mango and make jam to get a smooth consistency.
Interesting jam! Love the bright color..
Yum,I love it too.Looks delicious!
yum it looks with that lovely color
yummy ! loved the color !
wow yummy jam,no bread required…appdiye sapidalam:)
Lip smacking jam!!!
we always make jam with raw mangoes. this is such a refreshing recipe. so good to use up those tart ripe mangoes.
i love this ..made this last year when we bought a few and none of us were in a position to eat them…looks yumm
Tasty n yum!!! Without any preservatives n less sugar, it can't get healthier than this!!!!
delicious and inviting recipe
looks so yummy and lovely color…
Delicious and colorful jam.
wish to lick it 🙂 pass me here 😉
so yummy looks so good
Homemade is always the best. nice color
love the color of the jam…awesome
what is lemon zest?
Lolz Jeya even i dont make any sweets with sweet mangoes that much easily as i always finish them just like that. Jam looks beautiful and eye pleasing.
looks so yummy. wants to taste now itself.. :). pic is so good jeyashri :).. will try soon..
Delicious jam…very nicely made
Looks very delicious..
Thanks, Jeyashri! If anyone is looking to make this jam with more than 2 mangoes, I used 3 cups of mango pulp, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp lemon zest. It turned out great! Thanks for posting this low-sugar version.
actually wt s lemon zest
I made this very jam with 750 GMs of mango. Just a few changes. Added nutmeg cardomom and cinnamon each 1 tsp. Plus used regular cooker without whistle. This way prevented the spurting. Since no whistle was used, I cud just open cooler ones every 15 min and stir. Its lovely. The lemon zest and lemon really add ZING to jam and gave a real gelatin texture to the jam. Just love it. Hope I can use same procedure for mixed fruit jam. Also I used my food processor to blend the full mango . Thus helped to make a spreadable consistency.