Medhu bonda | மெது போண்டா
Medhu bonda recipe| medhu pakoda recipe with video and step by step pictures, deep fried tea time snack served in local tea shops in Tamil nadu. Pakoda | bonda are always a super hit accompaniment with tea. Generally we make crispy onion pakoda | vengaya pakoda at home for tea time snacks. This medhu bonda recipe is a softer one and we can see this on the road side tea shops around Tamil nadu. For the past 2 weeks i was on a vacation and traveled to my home town Madurai, for a couple of days and to Trichy for 2 days. The trip brought back memories of child hood. Inspired by the tea shop bondas in the local shops, i came up with the recipe of Medhu bonda recipe. Do check out my
Tea kadai masala vadai
Video on how to make Medhu bonda
Method with step by step pictures :
- Chop the onions finely.
- Slit the green chili or chop them finely.
- In a wide bowl, add the besan flour, rice flour, green chilli, onions, curry leaves and cooking soda.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil and once it is hot add this to the bowl.
- Add salt.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle water little by little to make a thick mixture. Let it not be too thick nor too dry as we make for onion pakodas.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, bring the flame to medium.
- Wet your hands in water and take a small portion of the bonda mixture.
- Make roundels.
- Put this into hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Always cook the bondas in medium heat, else it will not get cooked inside.
- Once it becomes golden brown, and cooked on both sides, take it out from oil.
- Drain excess oil if any, in a kitchen towel. This bonda didn’t absorb much oil.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the batter.
- The bondas will be soft and stays soft even after few hours.