Haldirams style roasted moong dal
How many of you are a big fan of Haldiram style roasted moong dal? We all love this very much but since it is deep fried i buy it very rarely. Recently i came tasted this in a friend’s house and it tasted pretty nice. She told she didn’t fry and instead did in a microwave. I tried this at home the next week and it turned out quite well. Of course i agree deep fried one will be so awesome but this one was equally good. Try this guilt free snack for your cup of tea this evening.
Preparation Time : 5 mins + 2 hours soaking | Cooking Time : 12-15 mins |Yields:1/2 cup
Moong dal 1/2 cup
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Oil 2 tsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder a pinch
- Soak moong dal in water for 2 hours. Drain the water completely and dry this in a clean towel for 5-10 minutes inside the home.
- In a microwavable plate spread the moong dal. Add oil,turmeric powder and salt. mix well .
- Microwave this for 12 minutes, till it gets nicely roasted, Every now and then mix this properly so that you can avoid getting them burnt.
- Once it is done, add the chaat masala and red chili powder.
- Roasted moong dal is done. Store this in a air tight container .
- Enjoy with hot tea or coffee.