Palak paneer, a creamy paneer dish made using paneer and spinach and other Indian spices. Palak Paneer i have tried a very long back and after that i didn’t make it again. Normally we eat rotis for dinner and we don’t include any variety spinach for dinner. Last week i went for vegetable shopping with my friends, they all picked the fresh palak and i am also tempted to take one bunch and i made this on a weekend for lunch along with jeera rice.
Check out my
Check out my
- Wash the spinach nicely and microwave it for 2 mins by adding sugar.
- Allow it to cool and blend it finely to make a puree.
- In a pan add oil and add the cumin seeds. Add ginger garlic paste. When the raw smell goes, add finely chopped onions to this.
- Puree 1 tomato in a mixier and add to the pan once the onions turn pink and soft. Add the red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala too.
- Add the palak puree to this. Let this boil for a few minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes to this. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add milk to this and mix well.
- Let this boil for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add kasoori methi and switch off the flame.
- You can also boil the palak in a kadai instead of microwaving this.
- But don’t cover it cook as you will lose the green colour if you cover it.
- You can add green chillies while grinding , instead of adding redchilli powder.
- You can skip the procedure of adding tomato.
- Fresh cream can be added instead of milk.
- You can fry the paneer in a tawa till it becomes nice gold in colour and add to the masala.