Paneer butter masala is a very popular and exotic tomato based gravy made with paneer . This is a rich and creamy dish and no doubt the guest and even the family members will be impressed by this. Paneer butter masala is very easy to prepare and kids will love this restaurant style paneer butter masala for sure. Check out my No onion no garlic paneer butter masala recipe too.
Same recipe of Paneer butter masala updated with videos and step wise pictures.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 35 Mins |Serves: 4
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Capsicum | bell pepper 1/2
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala or Kitchen king masala 1/2 tsp
Garlic 4 flakes
Cashew nuts 6-7
Oil 1 tblsp
Fresh cream 1/4 cup + 2 tblsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Butter 2 tsp
- Add oil to the pan and add the paneer cubes. Saute till it becomes slightly golden brown.
- Cut the capsicum into big cubes and saute this along with the paneer, in the last, for 2 minutes.
- Keep this aside.
- Cut the onion and tomato into big cubes. Peel the skin of the garlic.
- Add the cashew nuts to the pan and the onion and garlic. Cook till brown.
- Add the tomatoes to this in the last and cook for 2 minutes and switch it off.
- Add the red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and little salt.
- Allow this to completely cool.
- Grind this into a fine paste.
- Add this ground paste to the pan and add 1 cup of water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to this.
- Add sauted paneer cubes and capsicum to this.
- Add 1/4 cup of cream to this. Mix well and if needed add little more water to bring it to a right consistency.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Crush the kasoori methi and add to this. Mix well and add the remaining cream. Switch off the stove.
- Restaurant style creamy paneer butter masala is ready.
- You can replace 1/2 cup of tomato puree instead of adding tomatoes.
- Instead of fresh cream you can add full cream milk. If adding milk, add it in the last and boil for a minute and switch it off.
- Else it will curdle.