EASY WAY OF MAKING BASUNDI.
This paneer kheer i tried out recently after seeing it in here . I tried this on the day she posted the paneer payasam recipe. It came out very delicious and it tasted very similar to basundi. So here is my version of paneer kheer recipe . You can try this with home made paneer too. I used store bought paneer in this recipe.
|CORN FLOUR||2 TSP|
|CONDENSED MILK||1/2 CUP|
|ELACHI POWDER||A PINCH|
|CASHEW NUTS||10 NO|
|SUGAR||1 TBLSP (OPTIONAL)|
- Bring the paneer in room temperature.
- Boil the milk and when is starts boiling just bring the flame to low.
- Mix the corn flour with warm milk(keep aside 2 tblsp of milk when it is warm) without any lumps.
- Soak saffron in a tblsp of warm milk for few minutes.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the milk and stir it nicely without getting burnt in the bottom of the saucepan.
- Coarsely grind the paneer cubes in the mixie or scramble it with hands.
- Just add this to the milk and stir this for 2-3 mins and add the condensed milk.(if adding sugar add at this stage.)
- Add elachi and the saffron milk to this .
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours and serve chilled.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- After adding the corn flour this wont turn too thick,but once it is cool it will be thickened.
- If ur using panner block just grate it in a carrot grater.