SIDE DISH FOR ROTI- Updated with video
Peas masala recipe is a new recipe which i recently tried in my kitchen and it turned out very well and very different from the usual onion tomato based gravy i make. It came out very similar to the restaurant style peas masala.Try out this easy peas masala recipe , an easy and rich peas gravy , and enjoy with Jeera rice or Phulkas| Rotis.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4
Green peas* 1 cup
Coriander leaves a handful
Garlic 4 cloves
Green chili 3-4
Cashew nuts 5-6
Yogurt 1 tblsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Salt as needed
Oil 2 tblsp
*I used frozen green peas. You can use fresh green peas by cooking it in the pressure cooker.
Video of how to make green peas masala
- Soak the cashew in warm water for 10 minutes and grind this along with yogurt into a smooth paste.
- Chop the onions and tomato roughly. In a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and add the onions, tomatoes , coriander leaves, green chilli and garlic and saute for a few minutes till it shrinks.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture into a fine paste.
- In a pan add oil and add the onion paste and add the cashew yogurt paste. Mix well and saute for few minutes in a low flame.
- Add the frozen peas, garam masala and kasoori methi.
- If adding fresh peas, cook this separately and add. I used frozen peas.
- Add the1/2 cup water to this to get a gravy consistency. Add salt. Let this boil for 5-7 minutes,till the peas gets cooked(if using frozen peas) and to get the masala blended with the gravy.
- Add the milk to the gravy.
- Let this come to one boil.
- Switch off the flame.
- Green peas masala is ready to serve.
- You can add a handful of paneer to this gravy while adding the green peas.
- Always use full cream milk to get a thick gravy consistency.