Roasted bell pepper soup is the first time i am trying at home. At my place everyone loves soup and it takes place in the dinner menu almost twice a week. So for a change from the usual soups which i make, i tried this Red bell pepper Soup and it turned out very well. When i made it again the second time last weekend, i clicked the pictures and sharing the recipe of roasted bell pepper :
|RED BELL PEPPER||1|
|OLIVE OIL||2 TSP|
- Wash the red bell pepper and pat dry this. Roast this on the stove top by turning it often. Take care not to burn your fingers. Once evenly roasted keep it aside. With the help of a knife scrap down the skin and if you want wash the bell pepper and chop them roughly.
- Chop the onions ,garlic and tomatoes finely. In a pan, add oil ( i used olive oil, but if you don’t have cooking oil can be used) and add the garlic,onion,tomato one by one.
- Roast them in a medium flame nicely. Once done , allow this to cool.
- Grind this along with the chopped roasted bell pepper.
- In the same pan, add this puree and add 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to a nice boil and add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Serve hot with soup sticks or even a simple bread toast.
- The roasted flavour of the bell pepper in the soup makes it to taste great.
- You can add 2-3 tblsp ofcooked pasta to this to make it more filling.
wonderful pictures loved the variations !
nice soup dear 🙂
Looks really amazing
Loving that cup… Nice comfort soup
Looks wonderful and healthy too 🙂
Yummy and flavourful soup.
looks yummy and appetizing 🙂
looks delicious..lovely colour..i had made this once combined with tomato and corn..
Love that mug!!!!With some cooked pasta/noodles, its definitely a filling meal!!! 🙂
Looks very good Jeyashri..would love to try it sometime
A fav at home too…Looks so very hearty & inviting!!
loving the soup and clicks:)
wowee so inviting soup.. will try it today .. because this will be so soothing for my soar throat..
wow! so inviting the color and texture is nice.. I too like anything with roasted veg
thats such a super yummy recipe Jeyashree. love the roasted flavour and the gorgeous colour.
between am having a giveaway at my page (Rs. 1500 flipkart giveaway). though today is the last day but if you wish you can link in this recipe to this post https://www.ahomemakersdiary.com/2013/01/its-giveaway-time-win-rs1500-e-gift.html
Looks delicious! 🙂 The recipe is so similar to how I made it at home after tasting it once in Italy during our trip in 2011.
Roasted Bell Pepper/ Capsicum Soup – Italian style
lovely color,and a simple recipe will try out one day….thanks for visiting
Lovely click I have been setting my eye on this soup for quite sometime. You have made it excellent loving it.
nice click and beautiful color of soup..
Lip smacking & super delicious!!!
FAST FOOD EVENT -MUSHROOM
in my blog.
Looks yummy Jeyashri. Love to add few bread croutons and enjoy!!!
Super clicks and yummy dish.
Delicious soup, like the smoky flavor, beautiful mug..
I love roasted capsi soups always …this looks yum
healthy and yummy
Nutritious winter treat!
Thats a cute bowl of soup…looks yumm
That looks healthy and delicious..nice clicks…
delicious bowl of goodness!!!! and the soup cup is so cute!!!
Ongoing Event – Tried and Tasted – Raks Kitchen
Ongoing Event – Dish it out – Lentils & Garlic
Ongoing Event – Know Your Dairy – Cheese
Inviting soup and yes with pasta it will add more charm. Love the cup in which you have served 🙂
I love the smoky flavour that comes with roasted peppers. Yummy.
Perfect time to have soups,inviting one!!
Love to see your recipe linked up in Flavors Of Cuisines-"Mexican"
flavorful n delicious soup, like others i too liked the cup u have served 🙂
Can we make this with Green Peppers??
the vibrant red color will not come and red pepper gives a nice flavor too
NEwe idea soup with bell pepper
Soup looks super yum and I loved that beautiful cup….
Roasted bell peppers must have given wonderful smoked aroma and taste to the soup. Nice recipe Jeyshri…totally in love with the soup dish.
You have a great blog n I am happy to follow you.
It was awesome. Had not known this recipe.thank you for sharing