Semiya Kesari i have tasted for the first time in my friend’s place when her mom made it for us. This was 2 years back. Though i noted down the recipe but somehow forgot to attempt it at home. Few days back when a reader asked me the recipe of semiya kesari i remembered of the recipe given by friend’s mom, and made it on the next day. Unlike Rava kesari, this semiya kesari needs less sugar only. Let me share the recipe of semiya kesari | vermicelli kesari. Check out my Rava kesari too.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES: 2-3
INGREDIENTS: SERVES: 2-3
|SEMIYA| VERMICELLI ROASTED||1/2 CUP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
|ORANGE FOOD COLOUR||A PINCH|
I used the roasted vermicelli, if you have unroasted just heat a pan and add a tsp of ghee and roast this into golden brown keeping the flame low. Vermicelli tends to burn fast so be careful.
- In a pan add 2 tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts into golden brown.
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan.
- Keep it aside and add the vermicelli | semiya to this. Slowly add the boiled hot water to this and cook the semiya in low flame.
- Let the semiya gets cooked completely and let all the water gets absorbed.
- Ensure that it is cooked completely and add the sugar. If you add sugar before the semiya is cooked then it will give a rubbery texture.
- After adding sugar, the mixture will be bit watery. This will come to normal texture when you stir for sometime.
- Mix the food colour in a tsp of water and add it to the kesari.
- Add in the fried cashews, ghee and cardamom powder. Let the ghee starts oozing out and switch off the flame.
- Semiya kesari is ready to serve now.
- You can add fried raisins too.
- Always ensure that the semiya will get cooked properly.
- Ensure that the semiya is nicely roasted. else it will be sticky.
love tis one.. i had tis only once but fell in love .. though hv not tired tis.. looks so yummy .bookmarked..
Aaah… I can see a lovely texture! Taste must be super duper too… Lovely post, Jeyashri!!!
Perfect Yummy!!!! Really tempting………..
I make this too and we all love it.. Shud blog about it sometime..beautiful clicks..
Looks very yummy…Love it
Semiya kesari looks delicious and yummy.
yummy.. I hv this in my draft too.. It is easy and quick treat to your sweet tooth
wow am drooling over….yummm
New Post at Anu's – Spinach Poori with Mirchi Chole
South Indian Cooking
Anu's Healthy Kitchen – "HOW TO's ? of Kitchen" EVENT and SHARE PAGE and a RECIPE (Paneer Celery Burji)
delicious and yummy
awesome pictures…lovely color on back ground..sweets looks gorgeous..
Love this kesari , looks yumm
My mom make this often at home..yours looks super tempting..gorgeous color and clicks
wow looks so good.Its like a gold sheet covered.semma ya eruku nice semiya.
I love love love the glaze on this one!! yummy kesari..
Dish It Out – Onions & Chillis
I love this dish Jey. In fact my friends mother also makes this dish so well and I love it. She also adds some regular sooji to this so its vermivelli and sooji Great colour.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe, with nice clicks and explanation. My little one loved the kesari a lot. Thanks a lot, for making our evening time special with the lovely dish. Hats off!!!!
This is a new one for me, looks very tempting.. Wil do it sometime 🙂
I do exactly the same way…my all time favourite
wonderuful kesari and super easy dessert
This is my fav…looks yum, lovely clicks too!
i tried this recipe it has come very nice. keep posting many more recipes ………………
i tried this recipe. it had turned out very well. loads of appreciation from others. keep posting such recipes. kudos to u……….
Tried this recipe today and it turned out wonderful 🙂 Thank you..