Spring onion bhaji – Spring onion bhaji recipe with besan- side dish for roti
Spring onion bhaji| spring onion zunka,recipe with step-by-step pictures and video, a simple yet tasty dry curry made using spring onions and gram flour as the main ingredient. When I heard this recipe from a friend, I was so curious to try it out at home. It turned out so well and no one could make out that it is spring onion. Generally, I don’t buy spring onion much, as for indo chinese recipes, we use only a small portion and the rest of them will get wasted. This besan-based Spring onion bhaji can be made using capsicum, and onion too.
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 2-3
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner
- Description: Spring onion bhaji| spring onion zunka,recipe with step by step pictures and video, a simple yet tasty dry curry made using spring onions and gram flour as the main ingredient
Spring onion 2 bunches
Besan | Gram flour| kadalai maavu 1/4 cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Salt as needed
Video of how to make Spring onion bhaji
Method with step by step pictures :
- Wash and chop the spring onions very finely(both the green and white parts together)
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves to this.
- When it splutters add the chopped spring onion and stir well.
- Allow this to cook for 2-3 minutes, till it shrinks.
- Add the besan, red chilli powder, and garam masala at this stage and mix well.
- Mix well and cover it and cook for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Don’t make it burnt, be careful.
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- You can squeeze some lemon juice if needed.
- Always serve this hot.
- You can add a dash of lemon juice towards the end if you prefer the flavour of lemon.
- Spring onion can be replaced with capsicum also.
- You can add 1/2 cup of besan too.
- Capsicum takes a few minutes extra to get cooked.