Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 2
Sukku malli podi(recipe given below) 1 tblsp
Palm sugar or jaggery 1 tblsp
Water 2 and 1/4 cup
To make the podi
Dhaniya | coriander seeds 3 tblsp
Dry ginger powder | sukku podi 1 tsp
Whole black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, pepper in a pan till slightly brown. Do not get it burnt.
- I had whole dry ginger so i just powdered it using a mortar and pestel and took 1 tsp of this. If you have dry ginger powder you can use it.
- Grind the roasted coriander seeds, pepper and dry ginger into a fine powder.
- The podi is ready. Now let’s see how to make the kaapi with this.
- In a pan add water and add 1 tblsp of podi to it. Allow it to boil nicely for 2 minutes.
- Add the pal sugar(panakalkandu) to this and boil for few seconds and put off the flame.
- Filter this in a tea strainer. Kaapi is done.
- Enjoy this kaapi hot.
- Do not consume this so oftern. Sukku if consumed so often will cause stomach discomfort.
- Even weekly once you can have this just to keep you fresh.