Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Tofu cubes 1/2 cup
Broccoli florets few
Capsicum | Bell pepper 1
Pineapple cubes 1/4 cup
Garlic 3 pods
Ginger a small piece
Oil 2 tblsp
Corn flour 1 tblsp
Honey 3/4 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1/2 tblsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Chilli sauce (optional) 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Spring onion to garnish
- Squeeze the water from the tofu gently and cut them into cubes. Pat dry them in a kitchen towel
- In a pan add the oil and add finely chopped ginger and garlic. When it turns brown, saute the tofu , till nice golden brown.
- Mean while mix the corn flour, soya sauce, sugar, honey , chili sauce(if using) into a fine paste without any lumps.
- Chop the bell pepper into cubes and keep the broccoli into medium sized florets. Let the tofu gets sauted in a medium flame. Stir gently.
- Now add the broccoli, pineapple cubes, and the capsicum too. Cook for few minutes. Do not cook them too much, let them all be crunchy and ensure it should not lose their colour too. Add salt.
- Add the prepared sauce and pepper powder. Mix well and let the sauce coat all the tofu and veggies.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes in a low flame and switch off the flame.
- Sweet and sour tofu with vegetables is ready to serve.
- Squeeze lemon juice before serving. Garnish with spring onions.
- You can add bean sprouts and bok choy to this , if adding add while adding the veggies.
- Adjust sweet and sourness according to your taste buds, i have given the measurements according to my own taste.
- If you do not like the pineapple chunks you can grind it and add in the corn flour mixture. This will give the taste but you won’t get to bite the pineapple.