Recipe of sweet chutney with video
For making most of the chaat recipes we need the sweet chutney|dates tamarind chutney. I am posting the recipe of the sweet chutney which i learnt from one of my friends. Check out my collection of Indian Chaat recipes.
Preparation Time : 5 mins + soaking time 30 mins | Cooking Time : 5 Mins |Yields: 1 cup
Tamarind a small gooseberry sized
Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Video of how to make Sweet chutney
- Soak dates and tamarind in 1/2 cup hot water for 30 minutes.
- Alternatively you can pressure cook this till 3 whistles.
- Drain the water and keep the water aside.
- Grind this into a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat a pan and add the ground paste and add the water which we kept aside.
- Add the chaat masala, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Mix well and let this boil for 3 minutes in a medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and allow this to cool.
- Store this in a airtight bottle in the refrigerator and use whenever you make any chaat recipes.
- If it is slightly watery, just boil for some more minutes.
- This can be stored for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Always use a dry spoon to take this.