We all are a huge fan for Chaats but i have never tried anything at home. Whenever we go to restaurants we eat chats and during our recent short trip to India, we ate a lot and after coming back we all were craving for chaats, especially my daughter Varsha a huge fan of chaats wanted me to make any chaat at home. So i wanted to try out the papdi chaat at home and for that I made the papdi and sweet chutney at home. I have the Green chutney recipe posted in my space along with the Khaman Dhokla Recipe. Recipe for Papdi:(yields 40 – 50 papdis)
|MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|AJWAIN SEEDS | OMAM||1/2 TSP|
|WATER||TO KNEAD ( 1/2 CUP MINUS 2 TBLSP approx)|
|OIL||1 TBLSP( TO ADD IN THE DOUGH)|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- In a wide bowl mix all the ingredients , except the oil for deep frying.
- Knead the flour into a soft and stiff dough.
- Cover and keep this aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a big lemon sized dough and roll into a big roti.
- Cut them into small circles with the help of a cookie cutter or any round shaped id.
- Prick the small rounds with the fork , so that they should not puff while frying in the oil.
- Deep fry this in oil. Ensure that the oil is hot.
- Once it i done take out from oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- When it is cool store them in airtight box and use it when needed.
- While rolling the dough make it thin, if it is thick the papdis will become soggy and chewy.
- This can be consumed as it is and it is very addictive too.