We all are a huge fan for Chaats but i have never tried anything at home. Whenever we go to restaurants we eat chats and during our recent short trip to India, we ate a lot and after coming back we all were craving for chaats, especially my daughter Varsha a huge fan of chaats wanted me to make any chaat at home. So i wanted to try out the papdi chaat at home and for that I made the papdi and sweet chutney at home. I have the Green chutney recipe posted in my space along with the Khaman Dhokla Recipe. Recipe for Papdi:(yields 40 – 50 papdis)
|MAIDA | ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|AJWAIN SEEDS | OMAM||1/2 TSP|
|WATER||TO KNEAD ( 1/2 CUP MINUS 2 TBLSP approx)|
|OIL||1 TBLSP( TO ADD IN THE DOUGH)|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- In a wide bowl mix all the ingredients , except the oil for deep frying.
- Knead the flour into a soft and stiff dough.
- Cover and keep this aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a big lemon sized dough and roll into a big roti.
- Cut them into small circles with the help of a cookie cutter or any round shaped id.
- Prick the small rounds with the fork , so that they should not puff while frying in the oil.
- Deep fry this in oil. Ensure that the oil is hot.
- Once it i done take out from oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- When it is cool store them in airtight box and use it when needed.
- While rolling the dough make it thin, if it is thick the papdis will become soggy and chewy.
- This can be consumed as it is and it is very addictive too.
Good one..now waiting for your papdi chat post!
very nice 🙂
This is so tempting… i love it but never made it at home… It's pretty simple.
Crispy papdis….I can finish them as such itself, looks that tempting 🙂
very crispy.. awesome
O- WOW!!! This is fantastic!! I think the buying of papdi days are over for us too!
Looks so perfect crispy papdis…
On Fridays, I share my favorite food finds in a series called Food Fetish Friday – and I love this post so I'm featuring it as part of the roundup (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and I always love dropping by to see what you've created…
Thank you so much . Will check out that for sure
I can definitely see why Javelin wants to feature this! It looks delicious! I've never had chatt and certain haven't made it, but you have inspired me to change that! This is just irresistible! I can't believe this was your first go at it.