Vazhakkai podimas recipe, i recently learnt from my mom and since it is different from the usual podimas we make usually. .My mom learnt this from my athai,(aunt). So thanks to my athai .We all enjoyed it and here is the recipe of Vazhakkai podimas. Check out my potato podimas and vazhaikkai chips recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Raw banana 2
Toor dal 2 tblsp
Red chili 2
Asafoetida 2 pinches
Salt as needed
Coconut 2 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
- Cut the raw banana into two and boil it with water for 10-12 minutes or till it it is cooked.Dont not over cook and this will make a mashed podimas.
- Take it out when 3/4th is done.and remove the skin.
- Grate the raw bananas using a grater.
- Keep it aside.
- In a kadai add 1/2 tsp of oil and roast the toordal and redchilli till golden brown.
- Allow it to cool.Grind this into a fine powder along with the coconut.
- Heat a kadai and add 1tsp of oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and asfoetida.
- Now add the grated vaalakai to it and add the ground powder and mix nicely.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl. You can mix this with hot rice,along with papad .Will taste excellent with vathakulambhu rice also.
- Enjoy any combo of your choice.