I very rarely make kurma at home,since my family is not a big fan of kurma. But this version i learnt from my friend,and when i tried it everyone at home liked it .So now i am here to share the recipe of this simple and easy Vegetable kurma. The recipe doesn’t involve the addition for Garlic. Check out my potato kurma and baby corn kurma recipe.
Mixed veg kurma recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Mixed Vegetables* 1 cup
Coconut 2 tblsp
Green chili 1-2
Sombu | fennel seeds 1 tsp
Fried gram | pottukadalai 1 tsp
Cashew nuts 7 (optional)
Curry leaves few
Oil 3 tsp
- Parboil the vegetables(i used carrot,beans,potato and frozen peas and microwaved them).
- Chop the onion and tomatoes.Slit one green chilli.
- In a kadai,add a tsp of oil and temper with 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the green chilli,onion and tomato one by one.
- When it is done add a little water and cook for few minutes.
- Grind the coconut,one green chilli ,fried gram,1/2 tblsp fennelseeds and cashewnuts(if using) into a fine paste.
- Add the vegetables,ground paste to the onion,tomato mix.
- Check for salt.
- Mix well.