Capsicum rice recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Basmati rice | raw rice 1 cup
Capsicum 1 meidum size
Peanuts 1 tbslp (optional)
Sambar powder 3 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Coriander leaves few
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 mins.
- Cook the rice by adding 1 1/2 cups of water and half the salt.
- When it is done, spread it in a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil.
- Throw in the cumin seeds,when it splutters add ginger garlic paste.
- Throw in the chopped onions.
- Fry till golden brown .
- Add the Sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt to it and saute for a few minutes.
- Finally add the kitchen king masala and the chopped capsicums and mix well.
- After a minute, switch off the flame.
- Make sure the capsicum should not be overcooked.
- Gently mix the rice to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with onion raitha.