After a super hit of my Eggless Orange Cake from Pratibha’s space i bookmarked her eggless dates cake and this is the second time i am making this. This i made for my hubby’s birthday ,as he is a great lover of dates and nuts, without any second thought i baked this for him. We all enjoyed this very much and thanks Prathiba for the recipe. As today is my co-sister’s Birthday I am posting thought i can give her a visual treat. For original recipe Click Here.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|SEEDLESS DATES||18 NO|
|BAKING SODA||1 TSP|
|CHOPPED WALNUTS||1/4 CUP|
- Soak the dates in warm milk for 15 minutes.Alternatively you can microwave this for few minutes.
- When the milk comes to a normal temperature grind this into a smooth paste along with sugar.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda together to ensure even mixing.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide bowl and add oil to this and whisk together to blend this well.
- Dust the chopped nuts with little flour and add to this mixture.
- Slowly add this to the flour.
- Grease a pan with oil and dust with flour.
- Transfer the mixture to the tin and bake at 160 degrees for 30- 35 mins.
- Mine got done in 32 mins. Insert a knife in the center to check whether it is baked or not.
- I garnished this with few walnuts. This step is optional.
- Cool the cake in the tin for sometime and invert it on a wire rack . Let this cool in the wire rack for few minutes.
- Cut this into pieces and serve.
- Always allow the cake to cool completely before you cut.
- You can add chopped cashews also.
- I added 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence to get the vanilla flavor.
- The color of the eggless dates cake depends upon the variety of dates you use.