Channa Masala is our family's favourite food. Everybody have their own way of making their channa masala. I am sharing my own of making this Channa masala. Check out my no onion no garlic channa masala and Pindi chole.
Channa masala recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins + Soaking time 7 hours| Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Channa | chickpeas 2 cups
Ginger a small piece
Garlic 4 pods
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 3/4 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Green chili 1
Oil 2 tblsp
Coriander leaves few
- Soak channa for 6 hours. Pressure cook it ,by adding salt to it, till 4-6 whistles.
- Grind ginger, garlic,cumin seeds, one tomatoand chilles into a fine paste.
- Chop the onion and a tomato finely.
- In a kadai,add oil and fry the onions for few minutes,till it becomes pink.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Saute till it becomes mushy.
- Add the ground Masala.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Throw in the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmericpowder and the garam masala/cholemasala powder.
- Saute till it leaves oil on sides and a nice aroma comes.
- Add the cooked channa to it .
- Mix well and keep it in a medium flame.
- Add a cup of water
- Boil for 10-15 mins in a slow flame.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.