As the weather here has suddenly changed and we had a heavy down pour for the past two days, i wanted to have something hot and since i dont have any other veggie except cabbage ,i decided to make soup out of it.
It was a super hit and we all loved the taste and enjoyed it a lot.
|CABBAGE (ROUGHLY CHOPPED)||1 CUP|
|FINELY CHOPPED CABBAGE||1-2 TBLSP|
|BUTTER/OLIVE OIL||1/2 TSP|
|LOWFAT MILK||1/2 CUP|
|CHILLI FLAKES||1 TSP|
- Roughly chop the cabbage into big pieces
- Cut the onions into big pieces.
- In a kadai, add butter/olive oil and saute the cabbage and onions for 2 minutes.
- Transfer it to a big vessel and add the garlic and ginger to it.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook till 3-4 whistles.
- Allow it to cool.
- Discard the ginger.
- Blend it smoothly in a mixer along with the milk.
- In a kadai , add a drop of oil and add the finely chopped cabbage to it.
- This we are doing to have crunchy bites of cabbage in the soup.
- Saute for a minute and add the mix to it.
- Add salt. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilli flakes garnished on the top.