In my mom’s place when we were kids,we never had idli/dosai without this milagai podi, even though my mom makes chutney or sambhar. That time my mom used to scold us for taking a lot of this podi ,but now the same is happening at my home. Being a mom ,i used to scold my daughter ,”eating too much of milagai podi everyday is not good for health”.
Coming to the recipe:
|CHANNA DAL||1/2 CUP|
|URAD DAL||1/2 CUP|
|SESAME SEEDS(WHITE ONE)||3TBLSP|
- In a kadi add oil and saute the channa dal and urad dal seperately till golden brown.
- Be careful, dont get it burnt.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now saute the redchillies . Add salt to it.
- Dry roast it for few minutes.
- Take it out. Add the sesame seeds.
- U can use the black sesame seeds too.
- Fry this till it starts crackle.
- Add the asafoetida to this at he final stage.
- Allow everything to cool
- If you are adding sugar add it in this stage.
- Powder everything finely in a mixie.
- If u like it coarse,u can go for it.
- Store it in a airtight container.
- Enjoy with idli/dosai by adding sesame oil to it.