This chutney i tasted in my friend’s place for the first time and started liking it. I noted down the recipe from her and it was so simple and different from the usual coconut chutney i make for dosa/idli.
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Saute the peanuts in a kadai, till it turns golden brown.
- Be careful, it should not get burnt.
- Switch off the flame and add the redchillies to it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Take out the skin of the peanut,by rubbing it with hands.
- When it is done, add the garlic, redchillies tamarind and salt and powder it in a mixie.
- Add water to it according to your desired consistency.
- I added 3/4 cup of water to it.
- Add water to the powdered mixture and run the mixie.
- Temper it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Enjoy with hot idli/ dosa.
- If u get unsalted roasted peanuts without skin , then skip the first 2 steps.
- Removing the skin from it doesnt make any difference in the taste, so u can grind with the skin if u want.
- If you are making it frequently, then roast the raw peanuts in bulk , cool it and keep it in a air tight box.
- Add the water to it while grinding itself, otherwise it wont mix up with the chutney.