This is a sweet dish which i wanted to try for a long time. Finally i made it this weekend and it came out very nice and i love the creamy texture of the dish.
|RAW RICE||3/4 CUP|
|MOONG DAL||1/4 CUP|
|CASHEW NUTS||10 NOS.|
|ELACHI POWDER||A PINCH|
|EDIBLE CAMPHOR(PACHHA KARPOORAM)||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
I didnt use the pressure cooker method, though i used a pressure cooker, instead of a heavy bottomed kadai.
- Wash the rice and moongdal and soak it in 3 cups of water for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai/pressure cooker, add a tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts till it turns into a nice golden colur.
- When it is done keep it aside and add the rice and moongdal (keep the water aside)
- Fry for a minute
- Add the water and milk to this.
- Allow it to cook, by stirring in between.
- Allow the rice and dal to cook very nicely.
- In a kadai add the sugar and add 2 tblsp of water.
- When it comes to one string consistency switch it off and transfer the sugar syrup to the cooked rice and moong dal .
- Add ghee and the fried cashew nuts , elachi powder and mix well.
- Sugar can be replaced with jagerry also.
- You can also keep the rice and moongdal in a vessel and pressure cook it.
- If you are cooking in a pressure cooker, keep the mixture in a big vessel ,otherwise the milk will come out and the rice wont get cooked.