Finally i am back after deepavali. The festival went on so good and this time i wanted to share with you all a famous street food PAV BHAJI. This is my daughter’s favourite and i learnt this from my cousin very long back.
This time i couldn’t able to click the pictures properly, since the weather was so bad on the day i made this. But i bet this recipe turned out very awesome and we all enjoyed it for breakfast.
Since we don’t get pav buns here i made with the Burger buns.
Ingredients for Masala:
|GREEN PEAS||1/2 CUP|
|BOILED POTATO||1 NO.|
|GINGER||1 SMALL PIECE|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|PAV BHAJI MASALA||1 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||2 TBLSP|
- Chop the carrots into small pieces and cook this with green peas in a kadai.
- You can also microwave them till it becomes soft.
- Grind the garlic, ginger and chilli in a mixie.
- Boil the potato and peel the skin.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes very finely .
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the ginger garlic and chilli paste to this.
- Add the onions and saute till it turns pink.(Keep a hanful of chopped onions separately for garnishing)
- Add the tomatoes to this.
- Add the pavbhaji masala,redchilli powder and salt to this and saute well.
- When the masala gets mixed with the tomatoes ,add the cooked carrots,green peas and potatoes to it.
- Mash it nicely (i mashed it using the wooden whisk)
- When it boils add the butter on the top of it.
- In a kadai, add the finely chopped capsicum and the masala and garnish with coriander leaves and onions.
FOR THE BUN:
- Cut the bun into 2 pieces and sprinkle the pavbhaji masala on both the sides.
- In a tawa, just a little butter and toast the buns till golden brown.
- If you want you can add a tsp of lemon juice to it while serving.