All the pictures are taken in a hurry and i am not satisfied with the clicks this time.
Preparation time :10 mins Cooking time :20 mins Serves: 3-4
|PINEAPPLE CHUNKS||1/2 CUP|
|GINGER||1/2 INCH PIECE|
|SAMBHAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|TOOD DAL||2 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Cut the tomatoes and half of the pineapple into fine pieces.
- In a kadai, add the tomatoes, pineapple pieces ,salt , sambhar powder and a cup of water .
- Allow it to cook in a medium flame till the tomatoes and pineapple becomes soft .
- Grind 3 tblsp of pineapple along with ginger and green chilli into a fine paste.
- Add 2 cups of water to the toor dal .
- Add the ground paste and toor dal water to the kadai.
- Keep the flame to medium low and switch off when it becomes frothy.
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a small pan and throw in the mustard seeds and when it splutters transfer it to the rasam.
- Serve with any dry curry.
If the pineapple is very sweet , you can add a tblsp of lemon juice after switching the flame (towards the end.)