This is one of the longest title i have given to my posts. To give a explanation about this recipe ,i can say it is a perfect kid friendly snack and can be served as a starter in parties and even it is a best way to impress the guests.
FOR AVAL (POHA) BHEL
|THICK POHA/AVAL||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI||2 NO|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT (SCRAPPED)||3 TBLSP|
|NYLON SEV/OMAPODI||3-4 TBLSP|
FOR THE BASE:
SPRING ROLL SHEETS- 4-5 NO.
- Wash the poha nicely and drain the water. Mix with salt and sugar and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- In a small pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and red chilli , curry leaves and asafoetida.(Don’t search curry leaves here, i was running out of that on the day i made it).
- When it splutters transfer it to the aval/poha mixture and mix it nicely with your hands.
- Mean while we can start baking the spring roll sheets.
- Thaw the sheets and take out a single sheet.
- I used the small one. Either you can bake the small sheet as it is by keeping it in the muffin liner . If you don’t cut the sheets then it is difficult to fit into your mouth.
- Or you can cut the the sheets into two and fold it and keep it in a muffin tray.
- I cut them into 2 and baked ( i for got to click at this stage.Will update it soon.
- Bake this sheets for 10mins in 150 degree C or till the sheets turn crisp like a papad.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the sheets.
- You can do this baking process 2-3 days in advance and keep them in a air tight container.
How i served:
- Just arrange the baked spring roll cups in a plate.
- Add 1 tsp of aval/poha we made.
- Just sprinkle some onion and and 2-3 tomato pieces.
- To this add little scrapped coconut and finally garnish with some nylon sev../omapodi.
The poha can be eaten as it as a evening snack without serving on the sheets too.
Just add the onions , tomatoes,coconut and sev while serving .
Since no cooking is involved this will be become soggy soon, prepare this 10 mins before eating.