Baking Beginner Recipe
As mentioned in my first baking recipe, my friends gifted me a baking oven , and one among them told me to bake a cake for her birthday. I was little tensed but with little courage i tried Prathiba’s Orange Cake , which was tried by Raks too. This came out extremely perfect and i can suggest this recipe for Beginners, like me. My friend who celebrated her birthday was totally impressed by the outcome of the cake and i made this for my friend’s kids again on their continuous request.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR/MAIDA||1 AND 1/4 CUP|
|BUTTER/OIL||1/2 CUP(I TRIED BOTH VERSION)|
|ORANGE JUICE||1/2 CUP|
|POWDERED SUGAR||3 TBLSP|
|CONDENSED MILK||1 CAN|
|BAKING POWDER||1 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||1/2 TSP|
|ORANGE ZEST||1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE/APPLE CIDAR VINEGAR||1 TSP|
- Pre heat the oven @180 degree C for 10 mins.
- Sift the baking powder, baking soda and the All purpose flour to ensure even mixing.
- In a bowl, whisk the condensed milk,orange juice, powdered sugar,butter(keep in room temp) or oil(if using) , vanilla essence, lemon juice until they are mixed up well.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and dust it with little flour.
- Make a dent in the flour mix and pour in the whisked wet ingredients.
- Mix well until it is perfectly mixed without any lumps.
- Add orange zest and mix it.
- Pour this on the greased tin and tap it gently to remove air bubbles if any.
- Bake this for 25-30 mins until the crust turns into nice golden brown colour or insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake and it should come out clean.
- Mine got baked in 22 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and after 2 mins invert them in a wire rack and allow it to cool for few minutes.
- make it into small squares and can be stored in air tight containers.
- My kids and my friend’s kids didn’t give any chance for that. The cake got over in 5 mins.
- I used both the version of adding oil and butter. Both turned out so good.
- I took juice from fresh oranges and if ur using store bought orange juice, reduce the quantity of sugar to 1 tblsp.