Navaratri has started and everybody will be making different varieties of sundal every evening. My mom makes ellu urundai during navratri, especially on Saturday evening. So here i am with Ellu urundai / sesame ladoo recipe.This this a simple one and can be made in a jiffy and doesn’t involve addition of ghee or oil.
INGREDIENTS: ( FOR 6 LADOOS)
|SESAME SEEDS|TILL|ELLU||1/2 CUP|
- Roast the sesame seeds in a pan till it crackles. Take care not to burn this.
- Allow this to cool.
- Run this in a mixer coarsely.
- Add the jaggery to this and run it in the mixie into a fine powder.
- Transfer this to a plate and make it into a medium sized balls.
- The sesame seeds will leave oil while grinding, this will be helpful in grinding.
- This measurement yielded 6 balls .
- I used white sesame seeds. Black sesame seeds can also be used.