The weather here is totally changed and almost throughout the day it is raining and I am down with cough and cold for two days and didn’t go anywhere out. When my kids and husband went for vegetable shopping to the near by shop, my daughter picked up a piece of pumpkin and wanted to make something on halloween day , today. First i thought of making Muffins,but when i opened my fridge, i noticed that the butter was over. So i opted for pumpkin soup as it will be comforting for my throat.
|PEPPER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|LOW FAT MILK||1/2 CUP|
- Peel the skin of the pumpkin and chop it roughly.
- Chop the onions into cubes and peel the skin of the garlic.
- In a pan, add oil and put the garlic and onions to this and saute for 2 mins in a medium flame.
- Then add the roughly chopped pumpkins and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 cup of water and cook the onion and pumpkin till the pumpkin become tender. Check it with a fork, whether they are cooked or not.
- The pumpkin gets cooked in 7-8 mins.
- Allow this to cool. Keep the extra water aside and grind the cooked pumpkin mixture into a puree.
- Now add the water which we kept aside and the milk to this.
- Boil this and add salt and pepper and enjoy a nice bowl of hot soup.
- You can add a tsp of Oats to this while cooking the pumpkin.
- Finely chopped roasted onions can be added on the top for garnishing.