Soup is always welcome at my place and i always try new combos in making soups. Few years back when we went to Kottayam, we stayed in a resort and since we are vegetarian most of the time the chef prepared the meal according to our specifications and one rainy day evening he made a carrot ginger soup and till we tasted the first spoon he was beside us waiting for our response. It was too good and he told me the recipe too as i can make it at home for kids too. Though i tried this few times never blogged the recipe and finally today i am sharing the recipeI am going for vacation from today but have scheduled some posts. For any queries , please keep posted will get back to you in the New year 2013.
Check out my
Check out my
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|BLACK PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TSP|
- Peel the skin of the carrots and and chop them roughly.
- Peel the skin of garlic and ginger.
- In a bowl add carrot, garlic,ginger and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Pressure cook till 3 whistles.
- Once cool,discard the ginger and grind the rest in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Add 2-3 cups of water to this.
- Bring it to a nice boil and add salt and pepper.
- Just before serving add lemon juice.
- Enjoy hot soup with the wellness of carrot and flavor of ginger.
- Do not reheat after adding lemon juice.
- Do not add too much of ginger. Don’t forget to discard the ginger before grinding.