If you are searching for a comforting one pot meal then this is a perfect recipe which can be made in a jiffy. I learnt this recipe from my neighbor from whom i learnt the recipe of Kachori . I always follow this method for making this dal kichidi.
|BASMATI RICE||1/2 CUP|
|GREEN MOONG DAL(SPLIT)||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
- Wash and soak the rice and dal in 3 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil/ghee and throw in the cumin seeds.
- Now add the onions and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add the veggies( i added carrots, beans , cauliflower and green peas)
- Saute for 2 minutes and add the red chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add the soaked rice and dal along with the water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with plain curd or onion raitha and papad.
- Raw rice or sona masoori rice can be used instead of basmati rice.
- Pepper powder can be added instead of red chili powder.