Poondhu kuzhambhu | Garlic kulambhu is an authentic chettinad recipe . Though i have tasted this many times at my friend’s place during my school days, never know how to make poondu kuzhambhu. When a reader asked for this recipe i casually asked my sister whether she knows this recipe of chettinad poondu kuzhambhu she immediately told the recipe . I tried it few days back and enjoyed with rice and Kootu. We love to have any coconut based curry or kootu for spicy gravies.
Also check out
Also check out
INGREDIENTS: (SERVES 4-5)
|GARLIC FLAKES||10- 15|
|TAMARIND EXTRACT||2 AND 1/2CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||3 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|SESAME OIL||2 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
TO ROAST AND GRIND:
|CORIANDER SEEDS||3 TSP|
|BLACK PEPPER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|VENDAYAM (FENU GREEK SEEDS |METHI SEEDS)||1/4 TS[|
|SMALL ONION |SHALLOT||4-5|
- Peel the skin of the garlic and keep it aside.In a pan dry roast the ingredients given under the table To Roast and Grind. Saute it in a medium flame till they become evenly brown.
- Grind this into a smooth paste.
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Add the peeled garlic flakes too.
- When the garlic turns soft add the tamarind water.
- Add red chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the ground masala to this and bring it to a nice boil till it reaches the kuzhambhu consistency.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy with rice and and roasted papad or any curry of your choice.
wow ultimate with rice… tempting bowl…. i can feel the garlic flavor dear…
so flavourful kuzhambhu.. I love it too
wow will make this.
Mouthwatering & fingerlicking good!!
Very tempting….Mouth watering…..
bookmarked this! iv tried this so many times but just cnt get it rite! wiill try 🙂
So tempting and delicious…looks so thick and I can imagine the taste of it…
very tempting and lip smacking… bookmarking it now!!!!
Ongoing Event – Let's Party – Eggless Bakes and Treats
Ongoing Event – SYF & HWS – Ginger
one of my most favorite kuzhambu…
Bowl Jam Brownie
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
like that cute bowl.. nice preparation..
Spicy kulambu, apt with white rice!
yum yum…very nice and flavorful and healthy recipe…
SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES" Series
South Indian Cooking
Just love to finish that whole bowl,my all time fav.
i have never heard or tried this dish before but the bowl looks so spicy and something I could eat my rice or nan bread with.
Looks tempting, well done Jeyashri
It will be nice if you can link this to the event,link is below-
Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors
Tempting kuzhambu, mouthwatering…
Today's Special – Misal Pav | Stepwise recipe from scratch
can we add coconut to the " grind" items
You can add, but add little. too much will spoil the taste
Can we add cooked toor dhaal/ moong dhaal to this ??
No, the taste will not be good. Instead you can boil toor dal and nicely cook it . Mix with rice and ghee and make this gravy asan accompaniment
very nice everybody in my home enjoyed it.
just made it. it was simply superb. wish i could post a picture of it too. hats of to you jeyshri