This time I wanted to try out a new paneer recipe other than the usual Paneer Butter masala which i make every week. This I tried out a few days back and it tasted very nice , my little one who doesn’t eat anything with rotis, except butter, feasted on the gravy.
|PANEER CUBES||1 CUP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CASHEW NUTS||4-5 NO|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Roughly chop the onions and fry them in a tsp of oil till it turns golden brown.
- When it is cool, grind this along tomato and a pod of garlic.
- In a pan, add oil and transfer the ground masala.
- Add red chili powder and coriander powder to this.
- Saute nicely till the oil separates.
- Grind the coconut, green chili , garlic(2 pods) and cashew nuts into a smooth paste.
- Add this to the onion tomato gravy.
- Add the paneer cubes and milk to this (bring paneer to room temp.before adding)
- Do not boil for more than 2 minutes after adding milk and the coconut masala.
- Switch off the flame and add a pinch of garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti or puloa.
- Fennel seeds can be added instead of cumin seeds.
- Whole garam masala can be tempered before adding the onion tomato gravy instead of adding garam masala at the end.