Recipe for cabbage curry.
|CABBAGE(FINELY CHOPPED)||1 CUP|
|YELLOW MOONGDAL||4 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash and cut the cabbage into fine pieces.
- Soak the moong dal in water for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, urad dal, chopped green chili and grated ginger.
- When the mustard seeds splutter and the urad dal becomes golden brown color add the cabbage and the soaked moong dal(drain the water) to this and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and sprinkle a handful of water to this and cook for 10 mins in medium flame.
- When it is done, add the scrapped coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Serve with any gravy of your choice.
- Coconut oil (1 tsp)can be added at the last stage to enhance the flavor.
- Do not over the cabbage or the moongdal.