I don’t know how i missed posting this recipe in my space, as it is a usual practice at my place to make sprouts twice in a week. My husband and his brothers and even my mil used to eat raw sprouts everyday along with breakfast. Initially i was hesitant to eat the raw sprouts and later when i started eating them raw, i liked the taste and even my daughter also started liking this and she used to eat this raw. I learnt to make this easy way from my mil and i wanted to share this recipe today.
GREEN MOONG DAL- 1/2 CUP
- Wash and soak the green moong dal in water for 6 hours.
- Drain the water completely.
- Spread this in a casserole (hot box| hot pack) and close it and keep it untouched for 7-8 hours.(preferably over night)
- You can see the nice moong sprouts the next morning.
- The quality of moong bean is most important and if it is not of a good one sprouting will not happen properly.
- Always select a dark green colour green moong bean.
- Always soak the green moong dal in clean drinking water.
- Soaking time should not be less than 6 hours.
- If using any other lentil like black channa or white channa, soak for10 to 11 hours.