FOR VEGETABLE BALLS:(yields 12 balls)
|MIXED VEGETABLES*(FINELY CHOPPED)||2 CUPS|
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||4 TBLSP|
|GARLIC||2 PODS(FINELY CHOPPED)|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NO.(FINELY CHOPPED)|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Grate the carrots,and cauliflower.
- Mix all the ingredients in the above table except oil in a wide bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai and make small balls out of the vegetable mixture and deep fry the balls.
- Do not add too much at a time.
- The water oozes out from the veggie is enough to bind and make a ball.
- If it is too dry then sprinkle -2 tsp of water.
- When it becomes golden brown take out from oil and drain in a kitchen towel. Always fry the balls in a medium flame. If the flame is too high, then the vegetables will not get cooked inside..
- If it is too low, then will absorb oil.
|GARLIC(FINELY CHOPPED)||2-3 PODS|
|GREEN CHILLI(FINELY CHOPPED)||2 NO|
|CAPSICUM (FINELY CHOPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|SOY SAUCE||2 TBLSP|
|TOMATO KETHCUP||1 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 TBLSP|
- In a sauce pan, add oil and add the garlic, ginger,green chili.
- Saute in a medium flame for a minute and add sugar to it.
- Saute it till the sugar turns light brown(this will give a nice taste)
- Now add the capsicum and saute for a few minutes . Ensure that it should not be overcooked.
- Now mix the water with all purpose flour and pour it in the sauce pan.
- check for salt and boil in a low flame till the sauce slightly thickens.Add Soya sauce to this now.
- Add tomato ketchup (if adding)at this stage and mix well.
- actually i didn’t add the tomato ketchup while making the sauce. But when i was about to click the pictures i somehow felt that the colour is too pale and added again. But i can say , both the versions turned out yummy.
- Add the balls before serving.
- I have heard that these balls will break if they stay longer in the gravy, and i wanted to try out.
- I took out a portion of gravy and dunked 3 balls in the gravy and this lasted for more than 8 hours without any breaks.