If you are looking for a easy weeknight dinner or even a simple lunch on lazy days , then this penne arrabiata is a perfect recipe. Whenever we go to pasta mania here in Singapore, as we are vegetarians we have very less options and since we don’t prefer any cheesy or creamy pasta we always end up ordering this penne arrabiata. The best thing is my kids like this very much and so i have wanted to attempt this at home and it turned out well.
|PENNE PASTA||1 CUP|
|CHILLI FLAKES||1 TSP|
|OREGANO POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|OLIVE OIL||1 TBLSP|
|GRATED CHEESE||1-2 TSP( FOR GARNISHING)|
- Cook the pasta in 4 cups of water in a wide pan by adding salt and a tsp of oil.
- When it becomes soft drain the water and run the pasta through cold water. Toss this with a tsp of oil and keep aside.( this is to avoid sticking of the pastas with each other)
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- In a pan add oil and the garlic and after few seconds add the onions.
- When it turns pink add the tomatoes and and cook in a medium flame.
- Add chilli flakes, oregana , salt, sugar and pepper powder.
- Cook in a low flames till the tomatoes turn mushy and it becomes a thick sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to this and mix well.
- Serve hot with grated cheese on the top.
- Check out my other Pasta Recipes here.