Potato podimas is a very rare item in my kitchen, as kids do not prefer this healthy recipe much!!. I wanted to blog this for a long time and last week when i made Potato Curry for kids i just kept aside 2 boiled potatoes and made this for us.
|BOILED POTATOES||2 NO|
|GINGER ( GRATED)||1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||3/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||2 PINCHES|
|GREEN CHILLI||1-2 NO|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
- Boil and peel the skin of the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes roughly with your hands.
- In a pan, add oil and add mustard seeds and when it crackles add urad dal, grated ginger ,chopped green chilli , asafoetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves
- Add the mashed potatoes, salt and saute well.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve with any Gravy of your choice.
Always add lemon juice at the last else this will give a bitter taste to the curry.