For making most of the chaat recipes we need the sweet chutney. I am posting the recipe of the sweet chutney which i learnt from one of my friends.
INGREDIENTS:(YIELDS 2 CUPS)
|TAMARIND PASTE||2 TBLSP|
|CHAAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN POSWER||1/4 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep the water aside.
- Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat a pan and add the ground paste and add the water which we kept aside.
- Mix well and let this boil for 3 minutes in a medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and allow this to cool. Store this in a airtight bottle in the refrigerator and use whenever you make any chat recipes.
- No need to salt as the chat masala contains salt.
- I used the store bought tamarind paste, if you are using tamarind soak a lemon sized tamarind in hot water and extract a thick juice and add to the dates paste.
- If it is slightly watery, just boil for some more minutes.