|YOGURT |CURD||1 CUP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
- Pressure Cook the rice by adding 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- When done mash the rice nicely with the back of the spoon.
- When it is slightly warm add milk to this. I usually add the cold milk but if you want you can add warm milk too.
- Mash it nicely and mix it up nicely with the rice. I feel clean hands will do this job perfectly
- When it is completely cool add the yogurt to this and mix it up smoothly without any lumps. Add salt to this.
- Heat a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and add the chopped green chilli, curry leaves asafoetida and lastly the coriander leaves.
- Ensure that the coriander leaves and curry leaves are chopped finely. Chop the green chilli into big pieces. I will discard this after mixing with rice.
- Add this to the curd rice.
- If adding cashew nuts chop them finely and add it raw. Do not fry them in oil.
- Mix it well and take out the green chillies. If you wish you can temper with some grated ginger too.
- Serve it with any pickle of your choice. We had with Raw mango pickle.
- Never add the yogurt when the rice and milk mixture is warm.
- I prefer to add full cream milk to the rice as it gives a creamy texture.
- My aunty always add a dollop of butter while mixing the rice.
- You can add raw mango bits and finely chopped carrots to make it more yummy.
- My kids love to have with pomegranate and if i have it in hand i usually mix it with the rice at the end.
- Adjust the quantity of milk and yogurt according to the consistency you want.