Instant mango pickle
Instant mango pickle recipe,raw mango oorugai,a simple mango pickle recipe that goes well with curd rice and I love to eat this with to have them with Bisibelabath. We call it as venthaya maangai or kalyana maanga oorugai. The crunchiness of the maanga with the fresh spices gives a nice taste to this pickle. Even we used to have a spoon of raw mango pickle with our evening coffee or tea. In our home we all are a big fan of this Instant pickle. In Singapore, we get Raw mango throughout the year. Now comes the recipe for the RAW MANGO PICKLE.
Check out my
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 2 mins | serves: 4-6 | Author: Jeyashri
Instant mango pickle,raw mango oorugai,a quick pickle pairs well with curd rice.
Raw mango 2 cups (cut into small)
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds| Venthayam 1 tsp
Sesame oil | nallenai 3 tblsp
Salt as needed
Asafoetida a generous pinch
Method with step wise pictures: (updated)
- Cut the mangoes into small bite size pieces.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds,1 tsp mustard seeds for 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and finely powder it in the mixie.
- We use only 1/2 tsp of this powder. You can store the remaining for the next time use.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and 1/2 tsp dry roasted powder to the cut mango.
- Heat up the oil and throw in the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Pour the oil over the cut mango and mix nicely.
- Mango pickle is ready to serve.
- It can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Always use a clean dry spoon to take the pickle.