|KARAMANI | BLACKEYED BEANS||1/2 CUP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
- Dry roast the karamani for 3-4 minutes in a pan (this step will ensure easy cooking of the karamani and i got this tip from Shanthi's space.
- Soak it in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles by adding a pinch of salt to this. Do not over cook and mash the peas.
- In a pan add jaggery and add 1-2 tblsp of water.
- When the jaggery melts completely, strain the impurities and boil it again in a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the cooked karamani after draining the excess water. Stir it well and saute till the jaggery mixture gets incorporated well with the sundal and all the moisture evaporates. Even if you find the moisture is there, do not worry after adding coconut it will come to the right consistency. Add cardamom powder in the last and mix well.
- Karamani vella sundal is ready for Neivedhyam.
- The same sundal can be done by replacing karamani with green moong dal too.
- Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
- I have seen my mami used to temper mustard and a red chilli in 1/2 tsp of oil in the last. If you wish you can do this.