Seppankizhangu is one of the rare vegetable which i cook in my kitchen. My kids and hubby are not a big fan of seppankizhangu, but since i love this a most i make it a point to cook this seppankizhangu at least once in six months. This time i made this after a very long time and i enjoyed it with Vendakkai Morkuzhambhu. Though my mom makes this in a different style, i tried it in the same way as i made the Pavakkai fry.
|RICE FLOUR||4-5 TBLSP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 – 2 TSP|
|BLACK PEPPER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|ASAFOETIDA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRY|
- Par boil the seppankizhagu either in a pan or pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Cool it down and take out the skin.
- Cut the seppankizhangu into roundels and add the rice flour, pepper powder, salt, sambar powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Mix well with your hands and refrigerate this for half an hour. I normally do this previous day night and fry this next morning.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.Fry them in batches till golden brown.
- Drain them in a kitchen towel.
- This seppankizhangu fry will go well with sambar rice, rasam rice and curd rice too.
- Never over cook the seppankizhanghu , just parboil it .
- My mom just fry it without any spices and add red chilli powder and salt at the last.
- Add few drops of coconut oil at the last and mix well , to enhance the flavour of the seppankizhangu fry.
- You can roast this in a tawa too.