Myosre bonda , i wanted to try for a long time, though it is similar to the ulundu vada, as my litttle one doesn’t like coconut bits , i never make bondas. This one i tried long back but somehow i am posting the recipe of mysore bonda now only. A no onion no garlic recipe with step by step pictures.
Check out my
Check out my
INGREDIENTS (FOR APPROX 10 BONDAS)
|URAD DAL | WHOLE ULUNDU||1/2 CUP|
|BLACK PEPPER||1/2 TSP|
|COCONUT BITS||1 TBLSP|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY|
- Wash and soak the urad dal for an hour.
- Grind the dal in a mixer smoothly by adding little water to it.
- Too much of water will suck more oil and very thick batter will make it rubbery.
- Add the coconut bits and whole pepper.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mix well. Batter is ready to make bondas.
- Heat oil in a wide pan for deep frying.
- Grease your hand with water and take out a small ball sized batter and make a small round and drop it in the hot oil. Keep the flame medium.
- when it becomes golden brow on both sides take out and drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Serve this hot with coconut chutney.
- While frying keep the flame medium. If the flame is too low it will suck too much of oil.
- If it is too hot also inside will not get cooked.