Thank you Nags for introducing me to the Chinese celery , else i would have ended up buying the bigger one with thick stems.
|CABBAGE(FINELY CHOPPED)||4-5 TBLSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TSP|
|SOYA SAUCE||1 TBLSP|
|CORN FLOUR||1 TBLSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
- Chop the celery, spring onion, carrots, capsicum, cabbage finely. Separately chop the spring onion bulb and leaves .
- In a deep wide pan, add oil (preferably olive oil) and add the slit green chilli. When it changes the color, take it out and discard the chilli. We need just the flavor of the chilli to get into the oil.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and sugar and saute for a while.
- Now add the veggies which we chopped finely, except the spring onion leaves.
- Saute for a minute and add 3 cups of water. You can add VEGETABLE STOCK too instead of water. Click on the link to see the recipe of stock.
- Add salt and bring it to a nice boil.
- After 5 minutes mix corn flour in 2 tblsp of water without any lumps and add it to the pan.
- Mix well. The soup will reach the right consistency in 2 minutes. Add soya sauce and put off the flame.
- Add pepper powder and lemon juice.
- Garnish with spring onion leaves and chopped carrots.
- Always add the veggies finely chopped.
- U can add extra 1 tblsp of soya sauce if you want the darker color. But don’t add too much it will spoil the taste.