INGREDIENTS: Serves 1-2
|BASMATI RICE||3/4 CUP|
|SCHEZWAN SAUCE||2-3 TBLSP|
|MIXED VEGETABLES( I Used capsicum, carrot,cabbage)||1/2 CUP|
|OLIVE OIL||2 TBLSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
- Chop the carrots, capsicum and cabbage finely along with the spring onion whites.
- Reserve the green part of the spring onion for garnishing in the last.
- In a wide pan, preferably non stick, add oil and throw in the spring onion whites.
- Saute for a minute and add the rest of the veggies and cook in a high flame for a minute.
- do not over cook the veggies, it should be crunchy.
- Add the schezwan sauce and cook in a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice and fluff it up with fork. Allow this to cook for sometime.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator for an hour too. This will make the rice firm.
- Add in the rice to the veggie sauce mix.
- Carefully mix it well for even mixing. Check for salt and pepper. Add if you want any.
- Garnish with the finely chopped green part spring onion
- Schezwan fried rice is ready for serving. Serve with simple raitha or Vegetable Manchurian or Baby corn manchurian.