Jeera pulao is a very recipe which goes very well with any North Indian gravy. Whenever i bored of rolling rotis, i make this jeera rice with a rich gravy. Let me share my way of making jeera pulao. INGREDIENTS[ SERVES 2]
|BASMATI RICE||1 CUP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CINNAMON||A SMALL PIECE|
|GHEE AND OIL||1 TBLSP EACH|
- Wash the rice and soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep the water aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee. Add the cumin seeds (jeera) and cardamom and the cinnamon to this.
- Do not allow the cumin seeds to splutter immediately add drained rice to this.
- Saute for a few minutes and add the salt.
- Add the water and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Simmer for 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Normally for 1 cup rice i add 1 and 1/4 cup water.
- Fluff it up with a fork. The jeera rice is done.
- Serve it hot with any north indian gravy.
- If cooking in rice cooker , for 1 cup of rice add 2cups of water.
- If you want you can add fried onions once the rice is done. Though i love to add, my daughter Varsha hates to eat that. So i didn’t add.
- Never allow the cumin seeds to splutter as it will give a medicine smell to the rice.
- You can add slit green chilli to the rice while adding the whole spices.
- Instead of cumin seeds you can add shahi jeera too.
Some popular dishes to go with the Jeera rice.