This pinwheel sandwich is an easy and kids friendly snack which can be made for birthday parties or packed for kids lunch box as well as snack box too. Even when kids are at home during the vacation and are bored at home, you can involve them in making this easy sandwich as it doesn’t involve any cooking too. My kids loved it and even me and hubby had this for breakfast after packing few for kids snacks back. I made this using bread. you can make with Tortilla too.
The filling is truly optional. You can use any filling as per your choice.
INGREDIENTS: [MAKES 12 BITE SIZE PINWHEELS]
|GREEN CHUTNEY||1-2 TBLSP|
|CAPSICUM (CHOPPED)||2 TBLSP|
- Grate the carrot, cucumber and finely chop the onions. Mix this well. Add little salt to taste if you want. since the green chutney has salt i didn't add salt. Grate the veggies just before making else it will ooze out the moisture.
- Trim the edges of the bread and just roll it with the rolling pin gently to flatten it.
- Apply green chutney on the top side.
- Keep the filling on one edge of the bread.
- Roll this tightly.
- Roll it in an aluminium foil. Repeat the same process for the rest of the bread.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After that take it out and cut them into three pieces using a sharp knife .
- Serve with tomato ketchup . Even u can insert a tooth pick and kids will have it like an lolipop.
- Always ensure that the filling is fine, without lumps else it till tear while rolling.