Chapathi |Roti upma , this recipe i got from my relative who recently visited my blog and called me up and told this recipe of roti upma. She is a great cook and at this age of 75 she actively cooks everyday for her family . I thank Saroja Mami for introducing me this simple,easy and tasty Roti upma.
|ROTI | CHAPATHI||4-5|
|SESAME SEEDS||2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS | JEERA||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A HANDFUL|
|LEMON JUICE||FEW DROPS|
- Tear the roti into small pieces.
- Chop the onions , green chilli and capsicums finely.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds and jeera.
- Add the green chilli and the chopped onion and saute for few minutes.
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds. Roast in a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and saute for few minutes.
- Add the torn rotis to this and mix well.
- Saute in a low flame and switch off the flame. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add carrots, green peas and corn kernels too.
- You can coarsely ground the peanuts ( roast and take the skin ) instead of adding it full.