INGREDIENTS: MAKES APPROX 10- 12 DOSAS
|WHEAT FLOUR||2 CUPS|
|CURRY LEAVES||FEW (OPTIONAL)|
- In a vessel add the wheat flour. With your fingers mash the jeera, curry leaves and salt and add it to the flour. Amma always does this as it will bring our the flavours of jeera and curry leaves . If you want u can add the jeera as it is and chop the curry leaves and put.
- In a small pan, add a tsp of oil and add the mustard seeds,asafoetida and red chillies.when it splutters put off the flame an add it to the wheat flour.
- Add water to this slowly and mix without any lumps. the batter should be bit thinner than the regular dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa , i used my non stick tawa. Pour the batter in a circular motion and smear some oil around it.
- Cook in a medium low flame else it if kept in high flame it will get burnt. and will not get cooked.
- Flip on the other side and cook till it becomes crispy.
- Always serve hot. Else it will be bit soggy.
- If you want you can add very finely chopped onions to the batter before making the dosa.
- Always ensure that the batter is thin, else the dosa will be thick like adai.
- You can add 1/4 cup of rice flour or idli |dosa batter to this .